Update Your Marketing and Attract New Customers
Does your marketing strategy incorporate a strong online presence? Customers expect to find everything they need online before deciding to visit your dealership or body shop.
Make sure you have a strong online presence to match your in-store experience by incorporating some of the following tips:
- Help customers find you online-Whether your dealership or service center has a website or not, you likely still have an online presence. Websites like the Better Business Bureau, Yelp, Facebook and Google will create business listings based on user check-ins and repeated searches. Make the time to search online for all occurrences of your business and “claim” your business. Once you do this, make sure your information is current on all platforms and keep it that way. Check the address, phone number, business hours and other relevant info.
- Take advantage of mailers and targeted promotions-Turn your current customers into repeat customers. Send mailers to current customers for service reminders, car wash offers, oil changes, etc. It’s more cost effective to keep existing customers than to acquire new ones.
- Create targeted content-Do you have a list of frequently asked questions? If you notice customers asking the same questions, create an FAQ page on your website, answer some of the questions on your various social media channels, or even send a targeted newsletter to your mailing list. You can also create a blog and hire guest authors to create relevant articles.
- Send newsletters- Take advantage of your mailing list. Email previous customers to thank them for their business and inform them of your current specials and promotions. You can also send thank you cards in the mail.
- Social media promotion- Encourage customers to like your Facebook page or follow you on Twitter. Create regular posts so that you stay top of mind for your customers. Let them know when you have sales, promotions, service offers or new vehicle models. YouTube is also ideal for marketing your new/used vehicle selection. Create video tours of cars as they arrive and show off the features. This creates value for busy customers who lack the time to walk the lot and ask questions.