Using Routine Maintenance to Grow Your Business
October is fall car care month, and coincidently the ideal time to encourage customers to come in for routine fall and winter maintenance. Depending on the region, winterizing cars can be a great way to increase your customer base while generating additional revenue, so encourage your staff to discuss it with customers when they come in. Also consider sending an email to your mailing list spelling out the advantages of seasonal car maintenance.
Here’s a few of the services to offer:
- Rotate tires and check the treads; start upselling snow tires in regions where this is relevant and educate your customers on the warning signs of bad tires.
- Replace traditional floor mats with the all-weather variety. This is also a great opportunity for upsell, but also protects the customers carpet from snow, mud and general dirt and grime.
- Check the engine and fluid levels; cold weather will exacerbate existing problems so encourage customers to have those repairs now to prevent costly repairs later.
- Inspect the brakes for any issues that can become hazardous during inclement weather.
- Suggest oil changes and upgrades to all-weather windshield wiper blades that can handle snow or ice.
Become your customers go-to expert for all things car related. When you build a trusting relationship, they are more likely to become loyal customers.